The first stage in becoming a chartered accountant is to pass the Chartered Accountancy Foundation or CA Foundation exams. The best and most rewarding way to start a career in finance and accounting is to become a CA. The exam is scheduled to take place between December 31, 2023, and January 6, 2024. The CA Foundation exam date 2023 for the December attempt is already available.
If you are a CA aspirant who plans to take the CA Foundation test, then this post will highlight all the crucial information, including significant dates, the application procedure, the format of the CA Foundation exam, and a few key pointers that will aid in your exam preparation.
Basic Details of CA Foundation Exams
|Name of Exam||CA Foundation|
|Number of Subjects||Four|
|Subjects||Principles and Practice of Accounting
Business Laws and Business Correspondence and Reporting Business
Business Mathematcis and Logical Reasoning & Statistics Business
Economics and Business and Commercial Knowledge
|Preparation Period||4 Months|
|Eligibility Criteria||Appeared or Completed Class 12th|
|Passing Criteria||Each Subject – 40%
Aggregate – 50%
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Exam Pattern||Subjective and Objective|
|Last Date of Registration||For Nov/Dec 2023 Attempt, 1 July 2023|
|Exam form Fill-Up Date||Aug 2 to Aug 23, 2023|
|Exam Dates||Dec 31, 2023 to Jan 06, 2023|
|Exam Frequency||2 Times in a year|
CA Foundation Exam Result 2023
The CA Foundation Result can be downloaded via the steps listed below:
- Visit the ICAI exam website, www.icai.nic.in.
- Select the “Foundation: June 2023”, enter your Roll Number with PIN or registration number as prompt,
- Input the Captcha code provided and answer security questions when asked before clicking either “Submit” or “Check Result.”
- Now, a new window will appear with your CA Foundation results. You can download the results for future use.
CA Foundation Exam 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The following criteria must be met in order to register with the CA Foundation in November 2023:
Students must have passed or registered for the grade 12 exams required by law or given by an exam authority that has been approved by the Central Government.
For the December 2023 CA Foundation examinations, they should also finish their registration before July 1, 2023.
Before taking the CA Foundation examinations, pupils must finish a four-month study session.
The Board of Studies (BoS) must also be registered by students.
Students who have passed their 10th-class exams may also register provisionally with the ICAI; in place of their 12th-class marksheet, they need just provide a scanned copy of their admit card. Students who are awaiting exam results may also use the provisional registration option.
CA Foundation Exam Application Process
In order to take the CA Foundation Exam, you must complete the registration process. Here is how it works:
- Visit the website of ICAI icaiexam.icai.org.
- To generate an OTP, you must next provide the necessary information and choose Generate OTP. As a result, you will receive the OTP via email or your registered mobile number.
- You must now input this OTP to complete validation before receiving your login information via email or SMS.
- Select Student Cycle on the left-hand side of the ICAI website once you have successfully logged in with your credentials.
- When you click “Apply for Foundation,” a form with some of the fields already filled up will appear. Before choosing “Save and Next” to submit documents in digital format, the following step is to fill all additional information. Don’t forget to post your signature and photo as well.
- You must pay the CA Foundation registration fees after submitting all of your information and supporting documentation.
- The registration form printed is then removed as the next step. The necessary documents must subsequently be sent to the ICAI’s postal address while being attached.
Documents Required For CA Foundation Registration
You must have a scanned copy of each of the aforementioned documents on hand in order to register for the CA Foundation examinations. These are thus:
- Recent Color Photograph
- Copy of Class 10 & 12 Admit Card/Marksheet
- Proof of Identity
- If foreign, proof of Nationality
CA Foundation Exam Pattern
You must be familiar with the CA Foundation test format, scoring system, time allotment, and question types if you want to do well on the exams.
Here is the detailed CA Foundation exam pattern:
|Mode of Exam||Offline, Paper-based|
|Exam Duration||Paper 1 and 2 – 3 Hours
Paper 3 and 4 – 2 Hours
|Question Type Asked||Paper 1 and 2 – Subjective Type
Paper 3 and 4 – Objective Type
|Marks Per Subjects||100 Marks|
|Total Marks||400 Marks|
|Marking Scheme||No Negative Marking for the Subjective paper (1 and 2).
Negaitve Marking of 1/4 Mark (for wrong answers) for objecctive papers (3 and 4).
|Medium of Exam||English/Hindi except for Section (b) of Paper 2 (English only)|
CA Foundation Exam 2023 Preparation Tips
1. Focus on Conceptual Understanding : The CA Foundation examinations require more than just memorization of concepts; they also require a thorough understanding of those concepts and how they are used in practice. As you study for tests like this one, give accounting, law, and economic fundamentals plenty of attention. Don’t be afraid to ask teachers, mentors, or other students for clarification if necessary if a particular concept proves challenging for you to understand; having a solid conceptual foundation will help you both now and later on in your journey to becoming a chartered accountant!
2. Practice and Mock Tests : The secret to succeeding on the CA Foundation examinations is practice. Spend a lot of time studying by working through practice questions, old papers, and mock exams. By doing this, you will become more familiar with the exam format while developing your time management abilities, examine your performance on practice exams to determine your strengths and weaknesses so that you can modify your study strategy properly, and boost your confidence while reducing exam anxiety.
3. Stay Up-to-Date With Current Affairs : You must pass the Business Economics and Commercial Knowledge paper on the CA Foundation exams, which calls for maintaining up-to-date knowledge of current events and business news. Regularly reading newspapers, financial periodicals, and online publications is a fantastic method to be educated about pertinent issues. You should also be aware of important economic events, company changes, and government regulations that have an impact on all of these. Being aware of your surroundings will help you perform better on this paper and increase the scope of your knowledge in general.
4. Maintain a Healthy Lifestyle : Last but not least, while preparing for the CA Foundation exam, don’t overlook your physical and emotional health. Long study sessions can be bad for your health and concentration; therefore, it’s crucial that you get adequate sleep, eat a balanced diet, and exercise regularly if you want to stay alert and productive for as long as possible.
Include brief breaks in your study plan so you may mentally recharge. Additionally, you can efficiently control stress and maintain focus by using relaxation techniques like yoga or meditation. Keeping both your body and mind in good shape will help you stay focused and productive when you’re practicing!
Frequently Asked Questions
The CA Foundation exam date is December 31, 2023. January 2, 4, 6, 2024.
Yes, CA Foundation exams are conducted twice a year.
The last date for CA Foundation exam registration is July 1, 2023.